Volunteers Play a Major Role at Eco Encore!
Every nonprofit organization relies heavily on volunteers for some aspect of their work.
At Eco Encore, volunteers carry out our most vital and labor-intensive function: putting donated items out into the marketplace for sale, and maintaining our online listings.
- You will more or less make your own hours. If all you're looking to do is 3-4 hours in one visit, that's great; if you want to spend more time with us, you can put together a schedule with our Operations Manager. You're welcome to come in and work any time M-F from 9-5 - or until 8 when we have our Evening Volunteer Work Parties.
- You'll be doing one of three things:
1) uploading new donations for online sale;
2) auditing one or more of our bookshelves to check its content;
3) collecting and taking out our recycling.
The vast majority of our volunteer's time is spent uploading. Yes, this does involve sitting at a computer - but it's not boring! In fact, most people find this task to be pretty pleasant and interesting.
- You'll have the run of the office. Our office is one big, eclectic and colorful room that we all share. We don't stick our volunteers in a corner cubicle all by themselves! And volunteers are encouraged to make themselves at home, grab a drink from the fridge, and browse our collections for items they may want to take for free. Yup, one of the perks of volunteering at Eco Encore is that our volunteers get first pick of all the stuff that has no resale value on Amazon.com - you'd be surprised how many nice things can't be sold online!
Sound good? Contact Eco Encore's Operations Manager today to arrange a time to come in and try us out.
August Volunteer Opportunities!